I.H.O. Willa Clark's Fight with Ovarian Cancer
Please have family and friends contribute gifts in Willa’s honor as noted below, either by check or phone call or online. It is important that everyone make a note that says “IHO Willa Clark” so that we know where to direct the gifts and so that Willa will receive a letter notifiying her that gifts have been made in her honor.
1. Make check payable to St. Joseph Hospital Foundation
Write on the memo line - "IHO Willa Clark"
Go to "Donate Now", complete form, include "IHO Willa Clark" in the notes, and submit. An acknowledgement page will pop up after the successful completion of the submission.
If you would like to purchase a shirt select the link https://kandkbeautyboutique.com/collections/fight-for-the-cure.
PROCEEDS & DONATIONS
Lynn G. Muth Cancer Research Fund [LGMCanRes(#1005)]
This fund is the overall cancer research bucket of money; it is used to support all kinds of cancer-related research (like the biospecimen repository) and helps pay for some parts of the clinical trials.
Currently, this fund pays for a part-time researcher who helps document the various clinical trials, helps with the patient consent process, and so on. Other things the fund pays for includes the bio-specimen repository, trials reporting requirements, etc.
Summary of research program
The Cancer Research Department at St. Joseph Hospital (SJO) is a comprehensive program whose mission is to provide the latest in cancer clinical trials across all disciplines and stages of cancer.
- Comprised of 5 fulltime research professionals with over 25 years of combined research experience.
- Currently have 37 clinical trials in various stages.
- The research staff works with a multi-disciplinary team comprised of medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists and pathologists to provide comprehensive cancer care.
- This highly coordinated effort was previously found only in major Universities and Comprehensive Cancer Centers.
St Joseph Hospital was recently chosen as one of only 16 participants in the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Community Cancer Centers Program (NCCCP). SJO was the only community hospital on the West Coast to receive this designation.
Current Cancer Research Team: https://www.sjo.org/our-services/the-center-for-cancer-prevention-and-treatment/cancer-research/our-experts/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT